Lampholder Lighting Design
An established, independent lighting design consultancy
Lighting Design Service
At the outset we’ll discuss your project with you, particularly your requirements for lighting levels, effects, accent lighting, lighting control systems, automation, energy use, sustainability and, of course, your budget. As independent professionals we will always tailor our service to the specific needs of each client. We will provide:
- A detailed plan to achieve the desired lighting effects
- Technical calculations to ensure target lux levels are met
- A selection of suggested light fittings with appropriate wattage lamps/bulbs
- A lighting layout for your electrical contractor to work from – clearly marked onto a floorplan or architect’s plans
- Full specification including details of all light fittings, also switching and lighting controls, which you can then use as a procurement list
- Budget cost for your project.
After installation it is essential to check that lights can be switched and dimmed as planned.
A commissioning visit to ensure lighting is installed to plan and operating as specified is valuable to get the best results from your project. Any problems need to be notified to the contractor within one month to ensure that they are remedied before your final payment is due. Complaints at a later stage are less likely to receive prompt attention and may not be covered by the contract warranty.
The installation work for a new lighting scheme can be complex, particularly if a lighting control system is included. Where a lighting project is to not being run by an architect, we can offer a project management service. Depending on the project, aspects of this include:
- Preparation of tender documents and advice on contractual details
- Comparison and evaluation of contractors’ quotations
- Preparation of documents for planning permission or a Faculty
- Pre-contract meeting with you and the chosen contractor – to sort out practical details
- Regular progress reviews on site during the installation period
- Ensuring any problems are identified, discussed and resolved to minimise delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Importance of being independent
Our independence means we tailor our service to the needs of each client. And because we’re not tied to particular manufacturers we can consider all the options and product ranges. We’ll even design bespoke light fittings to solve particular lighting problems, and we can also arrange for their manufacture.
Our service includes a detailed plan that will achieve the desired lighting effects and will suggest a selection of light fittings with appropriate wattage lamps/bulbs. We will also provide a lighting layout for your electrical contractor to work from with everything clearly marked onto a floorplan or architect’s plans.
Expertise in energy-efficient lighting
We are experts in energy-efficient lighting. And we understand the issues – whether it’s energy consumption, minimal maintenance requirement, and automatic controls. LED lighting needs careful selection: our specifications cover the key elements to ensure a successful result.
Site visit or working from plan
Our Lighting Design service includes a site survey but we’re also happy to work from architects’ plans. We will always provide a cost-effective input to suit your project timescale.
Procurement and installation
We will be pleased to procure all the necessary lighting equipment for your scheme to save you time and hassle. We are also happy to advise and support your electrician(s) during installation.
Planning restrictions and permissions
If your lighting project faces planning restrictions or conditions on such matters as lux levels and light spill, we can help. We assist our clients every step of the way and are happy to liaise with planning officers and produce plans and drawings to expedite the planning and approvals process.
Unit 3, T U House
Telephone: (01536) 713642
Mon to Fri 08.30 to 18.00
- Terms of Business